|After the Storm: A Poetry and Prose Anthology
Status: Tentative 1 March--31 March 2023
Old Mountain Press will publish a
collection of poetry by a number of poets. Our goal is to gather
enough quality poems and flash fiction for an estimated 50 to 90 page book
with the theme to go with the cover (to your right): Anything about
the mountains---the people, the places, the activities, etc., nature, weather,
or spring. Would like to have as many poets involved as possible.
Requirements are below. Authors receive publishing credit and retain all
rights to their work but agree to the inclusion of their poem in this
collection of poetry.
- Submissions accepted only via on line form (added to this page
- Submissions accepted from a former contributor or someone
recommended by a former contributor.
- Only one submission per poet/writer.
- Poem may not exceed 38 lines (includes title author's name and a
blank line prior to the poem) flash fiction should not exceed 325
words (bottom line is that the flash fiction must fit on a
5.5"x8.5" page with .5 top and bottom and .75 right and left
- NOTE: Contributors may purchase the book at a reduced rate upon
- Author must have rights to the poem (previously published OK).
- Poem may not exceed 38 lines flash fiction may not exceed 325 words
(this includes title, spaces, and author's name).
- Poetry lines that exceed 55 letters and spaces will wrap and
count as two lines.
- Initially, only one poem/flash fiction per writer, so give it your
- Sample title and first line below
Title of Poem/Flash Fiction
Begin poem/flash fiction
Link active 1 March 23
Cover photo by: Allison Tomas. Allison and her husband, Don, were at Bear Lake one afternoon and as they were driving past the lake, they saw the rainbow, actually a double rainbow...hard to see the second one in the photo.
NOTE: NOTE: SAVE THE DATE!: I have reserved a room at City Lights
BookStore Sylva, NC https://www.citylightsnc.com
on Saturday 11 March 2023 from 1:00 to 3:00 for OMP contributors to read
one of their submissions in the OMP Anthology Series. More to come on this
as time gets closer. :-)