|Fun in the Surf: A Poetry and Prose Anthology
Status: Tentative Date July/August 2018
Old Mountain Press will publish a
collection of poetry by a number of poets. Our goal is to gather
enough quality poems and flash fiction for an estimated 50 to 90 page book
with the theme to go with the cover (to your right): Anything about
rivers, oceans, lakes, water activities, costal people, the coast,
etc. or summer in general. Would like to have as many poets involved as
possible. Requirements are below. Authors receive publishing credit
and retain all rights to their work but agree to the inclusion of their
poem in this collection of poetry.
- Submissions accepted only via on line form (added to this page
- Submissions accepted from a former contributor or someone
recommended by a former contributor.
- Only one submission per poet/writer.
- Poem may not exceed 38 lines (includes title author's name and a
blank line prior to the poem) flash fiction should not exceed 325
words (bottom line is that the flash fiction must fit on a
- NOTE: Contributors may purchase the book at a reduced rate upon
- Author must have rights to the poem (previously published OK, but
not in an OMP anthology).
- Poem may not exceed 38 lines flash fiction may not exceed 325 words
(this includes title, spaces, and author's name).
- Poetry lines that exceed 45 letters and spaces will wrap and
count as two lines.
- Initially, only one poem/flash fiction per writer, so give it your
- Sample title and first line below
Title of Poem/Flash Fiction
Begin poem/flash fiction
Submit Your Work
I received the anthology this week, and it looks great.
As usual, a wonderful job...